What is Hypno Birthing?
Hypno birthing is a proven method of easing childbirth using hypnotherapy relaxation techniques
to eliminate the fear and tension that cause long labour and pain, replacing them with confidence, calm and comfort. Over four two hour sessions, I will teach you (and your partner) self hypnosis. We will also explore:
· Complementary techniques to produce a shorter, more comfortable labour.
· The creation and control of the body’s own natural anaesthesia.
· The source of the myth that pain must accompany normal birthing.
· Why women in other cultures have birthing almost entirely free of discomfort.
· How the mother’s body is designed to work in neuro-muscular harmony with nature throughout labour.
· Practice in deep relaxation during and between uterine surges.
· The importance of prenatal and perinatal bonding.
What Parents are saying
“How could I believe when I had gone through, not one, but two, long and excruciating labours? I was petrified. Then I found Hypno birthing. This birth took four and a half hours. I was relaxed and comfortable all the way. It was wonderful.”
“I was with my wife for the birth of our first child. It was a bad experience for us. Most of the techniques we practiced from the other course just weren’t there for us. Hypno birthing was far more than we had even hoped for. Our daughter came into the world so easily and in such a calm atmosphere.”
“I kept telling myself all I would feel is pressure - and it works. That’s all I did feel. What a difference from my first labour.”
“I read of the advantages of self-hypnosis and relaxation in a magazine and set out to find a programme that could teach me the method. I’m so happy I found Hypno birthing. This was our first baby and my active labour was only three hours from start to end. We were thrilled.”
I am currently offering the programme to couples (mother and birth partner) as home visits. This allows for more flexibility with times and days and the opportunity for couples to be more relaxed in familiar surroundings.
The programme consists of 4 x 2 hour sessions, plus a manual and audio downloads.